Buildings are just buildings, we believe the Church is the people, not the building. But nonetheless, we still love our history and we are thankful that the Lord provided us a structure to worship Him in! Here's a little building history for you...
- The First Baptist Church of Fairfield began as a mission of Southern Hills Baptist church in 1957, meeting in the George Washington Jr. High School with 27 charter members.
- In 1959, construction began on the first church building, on the corner of Hicks Blvd and Holiday Drive in Fairfield. It held 135 persons and now serves as the church’s fellowship hall.
- In 1962, construction began on the educational unit, which was attached to the church building. The educational unit now serves as our Children’s Department.
- In 1965, construction began on the addition to the educational unit, 7730 ft of floor space which currently holds our Church Office, Youth Department, additional Children’s Rooms, and Church Library.
- In 1970, construction began on the new sanctuary, which seats 450 persons and is where our current Sunday worship services are held!
- Finally, in 2011 construction began on our new community outreach center, The Rock. The building contains a full basketball gymnasium, a gathering area with kitchen, and a multi-purpose meeting room upstairs!
Where we're going...
In early 2018 we are going to give our sanctuary stage a face-lift! The remodel project will be completed by church members, and we are excited for the new look to our main worship space.